Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Scotch Reviews: Glenfiddich 12 yrs



"Quality that can be appreciated in the glass - through its purity, elegant taste and long lingering finish" (Jim Murray, Whisky Magazine).

To be honest, this is a review with a very neutral tone for me though I wouldn't be much sure about the "long lingering finish." Or maybe it was the Glenlivet 12yrs that has already spoiled my tongue. Well, what the heck! They both went directly into my stomach though. Ha! Ha!

On the other hand, I did felt her mellow and fruity taste with a gentle touch of the sweetness of pear and the hint of oak. Without much difficulty, I did get along with her very easily. She's like a companionship of many years. We seem to have known each other for such a long time that even just a blink can tell everything. No words…not at all! I felt myself talking to a teenaged kid, just like my sister.

And by the way, I really enjoyed the time I spent reading Jinyong's kung fu novels with her…imagining that I was wandering around the eaves in the Forbidden City, Beijing, sipping the Scotch, and maybe seeing some kung fu fighting.

2 comments:

diby said...

Are you kidding me? You finished the bottle alreadY?!!

Shock... is the only thing I can say. :P

「不為無益之事,何以悦有涯之生」 said...

What else can I do? Leave the bottle and let it vaporize??? hahahaha

Morning Breakfast in Mid-Autumn Festival

I haven’t been able to watch TV on a regular basis for a long time/or since I was in the U.S. This has formed my habit of not watching cabl...