Thursday, March 13, 2008

First Time In the US: Dental Care and Haircut

The toothache finally got me walk into a dental clinic. My doctor was Bruce Anshutz. He was so great that I almost felt nothing when he tried to make my tooth "numb!" Well, let's say it might be a good beginning for me to "like" to see a dentist. The treatment did not take a long time. Before I fell asleep, everything was done. Bruce then explained how he "fixed" my tooth. Temporarily, he filled the CAVE with some medicine and not-so-strong material. If I don't feel any toothache within a month, Bruce is going to put stronger materials in the CAVE. All the treatment today cost me only USD $21.

(As a matter of fact, he suggested to go back Taiwan, have the root or nerve taken out, and put a cap on. Guess what?! If I had all the treatment here in the US, I would have to pay at least USD $1600.)

Well, I guess I have to cross my fingers, hoping I won't have the toothache this month.

In the afternoon, I asked Yoshiki a favor for taking me to the barber's. The barber was still a student. After she was done with my hair, she asked her instructor to check how well she just did. I gave her 70 out of 100 points. Overall, she really concentrated on the work and was willing to communicate with her client. Her attitude and job enthusiasm were worth appreciation. On the other hand, I may not complain anything more since I only paid USD $5 for the haircut.

Do I look younger because of short hair? Jejejejejeje…

6 comments:

Yoshiki said...

Yeah,You look better than right after having jelly hair. jijiji. Now, you are ready to be taken for the license picture!!

「不為無益之事,何以悦有涯之生」 said...

Thanks! I am taking the driving test toay...wish me luck! Hahahaha...

diby said...

怎麼總感覺看到齊天大聖的影子呢......

「不為無益之事,何以悦有涯之生」 said...

嘿嘿!素啦!很快就會到妳天靈蓋上去灑一泡尿!哈哈哈哈!

Unknown said...

老蘇 你怎ㄇ那ㄇ沒水準壓? 哈阿 去尿尿
我覺ㄉ 你像阿兵哥 "雄壯" "威武""嚴肅"
哈哈
不錯不錯啦
看你這樣 別有一番風味
在那邊 過ㄉ好不好呀?

「不為無益之事,何以悦有涯之生」 said...

還可以啦!年紀有了,頭髮剪短比較涼爽啊!反正也過了把妹的年紀啦!

不過,聽說男人接近四十,比較搶手ㄝ!呵呵呵呵!

Morning Breakfast in Mid-Autumn Festival

I haven’t been able to watch TV on a regular basis for a long time/or since I was in the U.S. This has formed my habit of not watching cabl...