Thursday, May 15, 2008

Beautiful Rainy Day in Bloomington

It rained a lot on that day. After taking Yoshiki to Indianapolis airport, Nathan and I decided to go to Bloomington, exploring the so called "roast duck noodle soup." My GPS navigation system did offer a great help while we were on our way from Indy to Bloomington. About an hour or so, we got there.

Well, the "roast duck noodle soup" was not that fascinating and delicious actually. It was just a bowl of soup and noodles with some roast duck and vegetables on the top. The amount of noodles was not enough for a man and the roast duck was a little too salty. Hahahaha…guess what?! It cost me USD $7. Luckily, we did not need to pay tips.

If this store ran it business in Taiwan, it would not last more than 3 months.

Since we were already in Bloomington, it would be a waste if we did not pay a visit to Indiana University. It was my second time visiting IU, and I really love its campus. It is more like a garden to me, not just bunches of classrooms locating here and there. Because of the rain, the air was so refreshing, making trees and flowers more green and red.

Nathan and I also stopped by a souvenir store of IU. Anything has an "Indiana University" logograph on it is worth more USD even if it is made in China. This made me wonder whether we are buying the merchandise or just the name. I guess this is the "usual thing" happening everywhere in the world.

I didn't buy anything in that store. But I asked myself: will I buy some souvenirs of ISU when I am ready to go back Taiwan? What the hell! ...

No comments:

Morning Breakfast in Mid-Autumn Festival

I haven’t been able to watch TV on a regular basis for a long time/or since I was in the U.S. This has formed my habit of not watching cabl...