Friday, April 2, 2010

Please Love the Earth

Once again, I am fascinated with the scenery and squirrels on my way to the language lab. Spring sunshine is so warm, and yet sometimes comes with little breeze…(of blossoms). I know I am getting late for work, but can not help taking pictures of the cute tiny flowers in the tree. They look like "HOPE," growing from an old man's withering finger.

This reminds me of a blog entry composed by a Taiwanese journalist: 揭開中國繁榮的真相It's about the environmental truth behind the prosperous China. The blog owner and I don't know each other, but her blog almost burst me into tears.


If Chinese people keep destroying the environment like that, prosperity will not mean anything. I've heard that Chinese government has spare no efforts saving pandas in recent years. The milk powder they use for panda babies has to be imported from foreign countries. Well, since pandas are under such a "luxurious" protection, what about human beings? A 15-year-old boy has to work in a mine all day to make RMB $16 (USD $2.34), but a panda baby can drink imported milk every day!!! What an ironic living condition!!!


I have to say that…I would feel strongly ashamed of being a citizen if my nationality were PRC.


(If my comments cause any inconvenience or offend the blog owner, please inform me and accept my apology.)

It's now spring time here in Terre Haute: beautiful days…gorgeous weather…and most important of all, unpolluted natural environment. The bass I got is safe to eat, but I still released it. (I've been fishing in Indiana for two years, and I only ate two trout.) Bass fishing has been becoming more and more popular in China recently. I bet it's owing to the widespread of American sports!


Let's cross our fingers that Chinese people can learn from the spirit of catch-and-release and raise their awareness of environmental protection.

No comments:

Morning Breakfast in Mid-Autumn Festival

I haven’t been able to watch TV on a regular basis for a long time/or since I was in the U.S. This has formed my habit of not watching cabl...